The University is committed by policy to providing equitable access to digital content. We must implement and adhere to the W3C WCAG 2.1 level AA and ARIA 1 guidelines.
The University of Minnesota is committed to providing equitable access to information technology, digital materials, services and the environments in which information technology is used. All colleges, departments, central units and faculty are responsible for ensuring access to their Web content, Web applications, digital materials, environments and services to the greatest extent possible....
University of Minnesota Accessibility of Information Technology Policy
The policy applies to electronic information resources, technologies, and services for students, employees, guests, and visitors, including those who have disabilities.
Definition of Access
Ensuring access means that a person with a disability must be afforded the same opportunities as a person without a disability to:
- Acquire the same information
- Engage in the same interactions
- Enjoy the same services
- Experience substantially equivalent ease of use
Our accessibility policy encompasses:
- Web-based information and services, including those associated with courses of instruction, departmental programs, University-sponsored activities, employment, administration, and university services
- Hardware and software to be developed, purchased, or acquired by the U of M
- Environments specific to information technology, including classroom and general-use computer facilities, online and distance learning, places of employment, libraries and resource centers
The University's policy specifies that we implement and adhere to the W3C WCAG 2.1 level AA and ARIA 1 guidelines. You can learn more about these guidelines in several ways:
- Most people prefer to start with the one-page WCAG at-a-glance version.
- The detailed technical recommendations are extensive and comprehensive. Allow yourself time to learn them.
- The How to Meet WCAG 2.0 Quick Reference allows you to filter sections so the page only displays information relevant to your current goals. Remember, the longest journey begins with one step. You can do this!